This is available to all men and women aged 15 - 24 living in Somerset who have ever had sex.
What is Chlamydia?
- Chlamydia is the most common bacterial, sexually transmitted infection in the UK
- It can affect men and women (whatever your sexuality)
- One in 12 sexually active 15 to 24 yr olds in Somerset will have Chlamydia
- Most people do not know they are infected as they have no symptoms
- Left untreated, it can lead to pain and infertility, and can easily be passed
How can I get Chlamydia?
- By having vaginal, anal or oral sex with someone who already has it
- Sharing sex toys
- A pregnant woman can pass the infection to her baby, if she is infected at the time of giving birth.
What can I do about it?
- There is a simple screen you can do yourself to find out if you are infected.
- If you are infected it is easy to treat with a single dose of antibiotic tablets.
- Always use a condom and practice safe sex to prevent re-infection.
How can I get screened?
It's simple, free and confidential.
- If you are aged 16 - 24, you can order your kit by clicking here
- Pee in the pot, or use the swab in the privacy of your own bathroom
- Complete the form choosing how you want to be informed of your result - by text, email, phone or letter
- Put this form with your sample into the freepost envelope and drop it in the nearest post box
You can pick up a DIY screening kit at:
- any of our contraceptive and sexual health clinics
- minor injuries unit of any of our community hospitals
- your GP surgery
- most pharmacies
What happens next?
- You will receive your result by your chosen method within 2 weeks
- We will sort out treatment for you and your partner
- We won't tell anyone about the screen without your permission