This Is a bacterial infection sometimes called ‘The Clap’.
How you get it:
- Unprotected vaginal or anal penetrative sex
- Oral sex
- Sex toys that haven't been washed or covered with a new condom each time they're used.
- About 50% of women and 10% of men don't experience any symptoms, and so don’t know they have it. Women may get pain or a burning sensation when urinating, a vaginal discharge which is often watery, yellow or green, pain in the lower abdomen during or after sex, and bleeding during or after sex or between periods, sometimes causing heavy periods.
- Men may get a pain or a burning sensation when urinating, a white, yellow or green discharge from the tip of the penis, and pain or tenderness in the testicles.
If it’s not treated:
- It can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease in women, and serious swelling and pain in the testicles.