SWISH are currently running a trial of online STI testing. If you want to get tested and you do not have any symptoms you may be eligible to take part.
STIs will take time to show on a test, so please consider the information below before taking a test. If a test is done too early, it will not be accurate. It is better to wait to take the test if you don’t have symptoms.
- It can take two weeks after sex, for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea to show up on a test
- An HIV test is highly accurate 4 weeks after sex and 100% accurate 8 weeks after sex
- Syphilis can take up to at least 12 weeks to show infection after sex
Click here to complete the triage page to determine your eligibility and order a test. If you are a man who has sex with men please click here as this link also gives you information on vaccinations you may wish to access.
Click here to see how you take your blood sample
Click here to read frequently asked questions we get regarding online testing
We also work with The Eddystone Trust to offer sexual health outreach services, and they will be able to provide information and advice about sexual health and safer sex including:
- Help completing your online test (if needed)
- Information on Vaccinations that are available
- PrEP information and support
- HIV fast testing
To make an appointment at one of our regular clinics Click Here