We accept referral for patients from Somerset NHS services.
Problems for which psychosexual medicine is likely to be helpful:
- Vaginismus, loss of libido, difficulties with orgasm.
- Non-consummation and dyspareunia.
- Erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory problems
- Emotional and psychosexual sequelae of sexually transmitted infections
- Difficulties following childbirth.
- Emotional and psychosexual effects of medical and surgical interventions, including miscarriage and TOP.
- Psychosexual sequelae of sexual abuse.
- Sexuality, cancer and terminal care.
- Effects of ageing, disability or illness on sexuality.
- Psychosexual problems related to infertility and ending of fertility.
Note: We are not qualified to accept referrals for:
- Long standing psychiatric conditions.
- Severe personality disorders.
- Gender dysphoria.
- Fetishes and sexual addiction.
- Forensic or criminal sexual issues.
This is a brief intervention, not long-term support. Patients need to be able to retain information, reflect and interpret.
We are not commissioned to investigate or prescribe for psychosexual problems, so any investigation should be done prior to referral.